Our volunteers are precious to us, and the core of our ministry. A wonderful, safe, meaningful volunteer experience is what we strive for every work day.
We have a variety of ways volunteers can help our mission:
Construction: We build two homes per year in Fluvanna, one in the spring and one in the fall. For each new home, the building schedule includes dates on Thursdays-Saturdays. The workday begins promptly at 8 AM and typically wraps up by 1:00 PM (sometimes earlier and sometimes later). You do not have to commit to a minimum number of dates. You will receive on-the-job training and work with a small team.
- Periodically providing office coverage as needed. We are open T-F from 9-noon.
- Social Media Support – Facebook, MailChimp or basic website updates. This could be done at our office or remotely.
- Thank-you phone calls to Donors (we have a simple script to use)
- Committees: Family Selection or Golf Committee (spring annually)
- Help with mailings or other office tasks (periodically)
- Golf Committee (annual tournament is held in April each year)
- Faith Relations Committee (help us connect to your own church)
- Family Selection Committee (help us work with families interested in our Homeownership Program)
- Home Repair Committee (this program is currently paused until additional funding is secured)
If you would like to become a volunteer, please click the link below to fill out a Volunteer Application Form.
Volunteer Application Form (18 Years or Older)
You will receive a response from our office within 3 business days of submission with additional volunteer details.